Sunday, November 22, 2015

Wax Paper resist for Christmas


     What a whirlwind trip!  2 full days in the car to drive to New Hampshire for a wonderful wedding, then visit for 2 days, and finally 2 full days in the car to return home!  Well worth it, but I came home ready to stand up for a while.
      This is a great technique I found online when searching for ideas on Pinterest.  The first video I watched talked about using Stampin'Up! glossy paper which we do not make any more.  So, I tried photo paper which did not work.  I found another video that used just regular card stock and it worked.  So here is how you create a card using this wax paper resist.

1. Tear a piece of wax paper and fold it in half. 

2. Place inside an embossing folder that has a close design without a lot of empty spaces.  Then emboss.

3. Open the embossed wax paper and cut it in half.  You will actually have enough to make 4 cards.

4. Make a mark on your card stock so you will know which side is embossed.  Cammie came up with the idea of putting the x on the wrong side of the paper so it will not show. Place a piece of card stock on each side of the wax paper.

5. Place a blank piece of computer or scrap paper on each side.  Iron this for 30 seconds using the cotton setting and a dry iron.

6. Using a brayer ink with one or two colors on top of the waxed side of your cardstock.

7. Finish off the card to your liking.

   For this sample I used the Large Polka dot embossing folder, Delicate Designs framelit, and the White Glitter ribbon.


   For this card I used the Lovely Lace embossing folder, and the Peaceful Wreath stamp set.

   This was so much fun I know I will use this technique many more times.


No comments:

Post a Comment