Thursday, November 30, 2017

Snowflake Sentiments-Black and White and Red all Over

 I love the look of a black and white card, how about you? How did I make the center of the card?

1. I knew I wanted the center to be about 1 inch wide, so I cute my card stock 1 inch shorter than I normally would.  5 inches by 2 3/4 rather than 3 3/4.

2. Next I cut a swirled piece about 2/3 down from the top of the designer paper.

3. Place the top and bottom cut piece so that it centers on the sides of the card and attach it to the card base with dimensionals. Now you have a white center piece in which to place a saying.



4. I fussy cut the saying so I could place it where I wanted in the white space.


Since I wanted to make sure I used all the parts of this bundle I created this card to showcase the snowflakes and the swirls.  

The designer paper stack called Quilted Christmas made the perfect background, while the Cherry Cobbler card stock was a great color for the focal points of the card.

The dotted strip is actually a thin piece of Washi tape to hold the accent piece in place.

Finally, tomorrow I will share with you some 3 by 3 cards I made that would be perfect to use as tags on gifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment