Wednesday, July 28, 2021

What is it Wednesday-Paper Pumpkin Meets Gilded Leafing

This week is Paper Pumpkin week. I love this week.  I make one card for each design and then let my imagination go wild.  



These first cards are alternates of the Adventure Begins kit.  The card on the left is made from the front of the envelope.  Yes, I like to cut apart the envelopes and this one has lots of possibilities. The card on the right uses the inside layer of the card on a standard card base.


When I was making the cards I remembered the kit from last July called Summer Nights.  What I remembered most was the lanterns and the fireflies and how cute they were. I had lots of extra supplies so I used them on these cards.


 The last few cards I am featuring use the Gilded Leafing along with The Adventure begins kit.  For the card with traailer, I outlined the trailer with Tombow glue and set it aside until the glye dried.  It will dry tacky which is what I wanted. Once it was dry and tacky I rubbed gilded leafing on the glue and the leafing stuck.  I love the results on the card on the top left.  Notice the golden fireflies on the tree.

The card on the top right used glue for the fireflies bodies and on the bottom of that smae card I placed strip of tear and tape strips.  Once I pulled the top layer off I could press the leafing onto the sticky strip and get a really great effect.

The final card was created using different sized glue dots that come in the paper pumpkin kits.  I made the dots and when they were dry staamped the image of the firefly on top.

I am not finished and may share the rest of my creations on Tuesday when I show cards I have received during the week.


Product List

What do you think?  Are you ready to try using Gilded Leafing?  Are you ready to sign up For Paper Pumpkin?  The August kit has been designed by Shelli Gardner, the creator of Stampin'Up!/

Check out this video that explains her ideas behind the kit. Click on the word video to get the link for her video.

Tomorrow, I will be stepping up cards based on the template of the week. And guess what.......I will be using the current paper pumpkin kit called The Adventure Begins.

Till then,
Happy Stamping,
Sushi




No comments:

Post a Comment