Friday, February 24, 2017

Cool Treats-Template Thursday and Fix it Friday

  If you saw yesterday's post I now have 17 cutting plates for my Big Shot that are absolutely flat.  Well worth the time spent baking yesterday.

This is one of the cards we will be making March 6th in my Cool Treats class.  I used it as a template to make some similar cards.

1. Same size card

2. Same saying on each card

3. Same banners

4. Washi tape on each card


For the first card I used Irresistibly Floral designer paper and embossed it with some pool party ink.  I tried to make it look darker as I went down the card face to give it the Ombre look.

 For my background on this card  used a different paper in the Tasty Treats designer paper pack.  For my accent I used the matching framelits to make a yummy looking ice cream cone.  Chocolate of course. This paper is embossed in certain areas.  You can see the shiny area on the card.  Those are the areas that are embossed.

Different designer paper, color palate, and a large Popsicle as the accent.  This design is embossed and could be brayered with an accent color.

The final design.  I  could have made several more switching designer papers, accents pieces and even sayings.  A fun and fast way to make several similar cards.

So, today is Fix it Friday.  I took one card from the class and changed the look of it for 2 other cards that are alternate sizes.

A square looking card with ribbon wrapped around the card base.

A standard sized card.  I left off the ribbon and added some washi tape.

A gift card sized card. I used baker's twine instead of ribbon and make the bowl overlap the saying.

It has been a fun week and I hope teased you with how much fun the Cool Treats class might be to attend.  Let me know if you are interested in attending this class.

Come back next week when I will explore the stamp set Lift Me Up.

1 comment: