Tuesday, February 28, 2017
Lift Me Up-Technique Tuesday-Watercolor with an Embossing folder
Does this look the sky or the ocean to you? For my technique club this month we made a card using a technique I called Water Coloring with an embossing folder.
1. Choose an embossing folder that has a distinct background and foreground.
2. For this card I wanted my color to be on the background. When you open the folder you need to find the side where the background is raised. This is where the color will go.
3. Lightly press a variety of ink pad over the raised portion. I used Soft Sky, Pool Party and Marina Mist.
4. Spritz water over the inked portion of the embossing folder.
5. Gently lay your cardstock over the wet portion being careful not to move it, fold your embossing folder and emboss. When you open up your folder your paper will look like this.
We had so much fun at my last downline meeting using all the embossing folders I had on hand to see how this technique worked
I reversed the process for my card for today and inked up the part of the folder that make the ridges to see how it might come out.
You can see how the lines of the folder are colored and the rest of the paper is mostly white.
Come back tomorrow to see a Wow card using more items from the Lift Me Up stamp set.