Thursday, May 22, 2014

Scrapbook Layout for the Rain


  What kind of pictures would you put on a layout that has umbrellas?  I wracked my brain trying to figure that out for my April layout.  I finally decided on some pictures I took of the fancy hose system my husband rigged up when the sump pump in our basement which is also our bedroom, froze.  This is a wonderful story we will want to remember in the years ahead.

I made this a hybrid page by using My Digital Studio for the umbrellas.  Here is a close up of the umbrellas.

  Steps used to make the umbrella

1. I did a search to find the umbrella image.
2. I changed the size of the image so there were 3 different sizes.
3. I copied each image so I ended up with 2 of each size.
4. One umbrella of each size was cut up to be the pattern for the designer paper.  Then I filled each panel of the umbrella to create the pattern you see.

  The clouds were stenciled on the sides of the pages with 3 different blue inks.  The rain drops were punched out of silver glimmer paper.  The final accent was a rhinestone on each raindrop. 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment