Tuesday, April 26, 2016
Garden in Bloom-Rolling Reinkers
Have you ever used reinkers in creating your card? Today's card using Garden in Bloom uses the technique called Rolling Reinkers. You can make the flower image in the stamp set look different by using different colors or different technques.
1. Stamp the image on Shimmery White card stock using Versa Mark ink.
2. Emboss using a dark color. I used Black embossing powder.
3. Put a very small amount of the reinkers you choose in a small container. I used Blushing Bride and Blackberry Bliss.
4. Spray the stamped and embossed images with water so that water rests on the paper.
5. Take an Aqua painter and dip the tip into the reinker and then touch the edge of the water. The ink should float all over the wet area. I used the Blushing Bride first because I wanted it to spread all over each petal. I then touched the outer edge of each petal with Blackberry Bliss to make an accent color.
This technique is so much fun to use with all kinds of color combinations. Your stamped image needs several different sections that are connected for this to work the best.
Come back tomorrow to see a WOW card made with the Garden in Bloom stamp set.