Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Freaky Friends- Wednesday Wow



   Do you wonder how those splotches in the background of this card are made?  They are made using a fun technique I found on the site called The Friday Mashup and here is the simple way you can make them yourself.

1. Drop a small amount of reinker on a section of cardstock.  I used white and the colors Basic Black, Blackberry Bliss, and Tangelo Twist.

2. Take a straw and blow as hard as you can onto the reinker dot.  Move the card around and blow everywhere you see some wet ink.

3. Drop another color close the the last one you used and continue the process until you get the look you want.

  When I looked at my finished background all I could think of was using the eyes from Freaky Friends and emboss them in gold.  I loved my finished card.  What do you think? 

  Check out this challenge site called Fab Friday and enter a card of your own design using their current challenge.

2 comments:

  1. What a great way to make custom monsters! The gold faces go well with our challenge colors! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like so much fun! I will have to try itl

    ReplyDelete