Friday, December 12, 2014

Fix it Friday



     I knew that when I went to Knollwood this month I wanted to create a card that looked like Santa.  The ladies ask me each year for a Santa card and I have no Santa stamps.  I thought this card was so cute and reminded me of the treat boxes I wanted to give the ladies. Punches and a stamp that's all I needed for such a cute card.



I also thought this card would be a cute card to make in my Christmas Through the Year class but knew I needed to step it up a bit.  Can you see what I did?

1. Used the Fancy Fan embossing folder on Santa's shirt

2. Used the Arrows embossing folder on the belt to give it more texture

3. Finally made holes in the buttons and added some baker's twine to make the buttons look real.

Still a really cute card, but the extra texture makes it even better than the simple version.

No comments:

Post a Comment