Sunday, June 28, 2015

Rolling Re-Inkers-Club technique



    I love fall leaves!  And this new leaf stamp set called Vintage Leaves has a matching framelit which makes it so easy to use.  When I was looking for new ideas for my technique club I reeducated myself to the rolling re-inkers technique. I was wondering if it would work with the leaves which have more details in the stamp than I would normally use, but I think it worked out well.

1. Stamp your image with versamark and emboss with black or white embossing powder. Make sure to use Shimmery White cardstock.

2. Spritz your embossed image with water so that each area has water floating on the card stock.

3.  In a lid or on a plate place a dot of re-inker for each color you want to use on the card.  I used Cajun Craze, Crushed Curry and Crumb Cake.

4. Dip the tip of an aqua painter into the re-inker and barely touch it to one section of the stamped image.  Amazingly the re-inker will float on the water into one of the embossed areas.  Continue with the colors until you like the look of each section. 

5. Let dry naturally or use your heat tool to dry the card.  The results are such fun to see and every card looks so different.


   Check back tomorrow for another example of Floating re-inkers and start looking at your own stamps to see what you can use for this amazing technique.



No comments:

Post a Comment