Tuesday, June 16, 2015
Sprinkles of Life-Ronald McDonald stamp set
Are you familiar with the Ronald McDonald House? The year I started as a demonstrator at Stampin'Up! they started working with the Ronald McDonald House Charities. Here is what they do.....
1. They donate $100,000 a year to this charity.
2. They create an exclusive stamp set that last for one year only. $3 from the sale of each stamp set also goes to this charity.
3. Demonstrators all over the country work in the houses and organize events for the families who are staying at the houses.
4. In the time SU has been working with them they have donated well over 1,000,000 to the charity.
So, to support this work, I purchase the stamp set each year and create a project using the stamp for my Open House. This year's stamp set is called Sprinkle of Life. SU even has a punch that coordinates with the stamp set.
Here is how I made the card.
1. I turned the tree on its side for a branch.
2. I stamped the leaves and then cut a little nest out of the leaves.
3. I punched out two clouds and sponged the edges with Soft Sky ink.
I found the idea for this card on a SU video, and everyone got to make the card and a matching envelope. What do you think of this year's set?