Thursday, November 23, 2017

Night in Bethlehem-Envelope Punch board box with cards

 Did you know you can make a box with the envelope punch board.  Here are the steps to follow.

1. Look on the punch board for your card size.  Mine was 3 by 3.

2. Add 1 1/4 inches to the paper size.  A 3 by 3 card need paper sized at 5 1/4 by 5 1/4.  So adding 1 1/4 would make the new size for the paper 6 1/2 by 6 1/2.

3. Find the score line for your card and add 1/4 inch to the score line.
3 by 3 score line is 2 5/8 so the new score line would be 2 7/8.

4. Make your first score and punch.

5. Move over 1" and score and punch again.  Continue like you would with an envelope only you are scoring and punch twice before turning 90 degrees.  

I think I have an idea for my next Youtube video.  One of my goals is to do more videos.  

Once your box is put together, then you can make some 3 by 3 cards to put inside the box.  Making some kind of a belly band will help the box stay together with having to seal it. What would you make your box and cards from?

Happy Thanksgiving one and all.  I hope today finds you with family and friends.  I am in Tennessee with my children and grandchildren and loving every minute.

Tomorrow I will share some ornaments I made for the tree using this great and versatile set.

No comments:

Post a Comment