Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Night in Bethlehem-Stencil technique

  Have you ever sponged using a stencil?  To make this card I first used the Big Shot to cut out one of the city layouts.

1. Lay the cut out image over your whisper white card stock.

2. Start with your lightest color and gently sponge over the cut out. I used Fresh Fig.

3. Next choose a darker color and sponge once more making sure to keep the cut out on the paper. I used Dapper Denim.

4. The third color should be the darkest yet.  As you sponge each color try to blend a little with the previous color so there is not a sharp line. My final color was Night of Navy.

5. Allow the ink to dry a bit and then using versa mark, stamp the star in the sky and emboss with gold embossing powder. 

This was a very simple card to make but very elegant when finished.  I have swapped this card in several of my stamping events.  The latest was at OnStage.  This was also the Christmas Through the Year card for November. 

At Christmas Through the Year the stampers make 3 cards of the same design for $5.  The class meets every month so by the end of the year attendees have 36 handmade Christmas cards ready to be mailed.

Tomorrow I will share a framed art picture that I made to display at the Holiday Catalog launch I was a part of in early October.  Look for information about a Occasions and Sale a Bration catalog launch at the end of January.

No comments:

Post a Comment