Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Christmas at the Senior Center

  



   Today I went to the Senior Center to make cards.  I usually go once a year at this time and bring 3-4 cards and sometimes some Christmas tags.  I always worry over what to bring.  I want to make sure the experience is fun so I don't want the cards to be too hard, or too easy.  I guess I chose the right cards today because everyone seemed to have a great time.
   This card I am showing off today was fun but also easy.  I learned a long time ago to prepunch shapes that the seniors would need to punch a lot of.  It takes too long to have eveyone wait while each person punches 8 squares.  I also learned that not all the seniors are able to squeeze the punches to get a good clean cut.  But even thought they did not punch out the squares, they had a great time deciding which side of the designer paper to use, how to arrange the squares and where to put the mug stamped piece. I colored some rhinestones with a red sharpie pen because I knew it would take too long for the glitter glue to harden.
     Would you like to have made a card like this with the Seniors today?

Supplies used:
Gumball Green, Cherry Cobbler, Very Vanilla cardstock
Snow Festival Designer series paper
Scentsational Season, Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp sets
Gumball Green, Cherry Cobbler ink
Rhinestone
   
   

No comments:

Post a Comment