Sunday, November 25, 2012

New use for a Napkin

 
   One of the things I love researching is new techniques to use on cards.  I remember years ago trying out a technique called Faux Linen.  When one of my downline brought me some Kleenex with Christmas decorations on it I immediately thought of using the Faux Linen technique to turn it into a card.  How does one create a card using Faux Linen you might ask?  4 easy steps is all it takes.
        1.  Cover a piece of cardstock thoroughly with glue stick
        2.  Crumple a precut piece of Kleenex into a tiny wad
        3.  Unfold the wad but don't spread out all the wrinkles
        4.  Place the wrinkled Kleenex on top of the cardstock piece and spread it out, managing to keep some wrinkles in place. The edges can be glued to the wrong side of the cardstock.
   Check out the card I made using this easy technque. I would love to see a sample that you make using the Faux Linen technique.
 
Supplies used
Snow Flurries embossing folder
Island Indigo, Basic Black and Gumball Green, Whisper White cardstock
Island Indigo Ink
Saying from Rejoicing with You stamp set
 

No comments:

Post a Comment