Friday, July 17, 2015

Crystal Effects Reinker Technique


   Last night was the July meeting of Press Club and I wanted to find new techniques for using reinkers.  I thought it was a fun technique to use but....WEAR GLOVES as it is messy.

1. Take two same sized pieces of window sheet.  Set aside one of them.  Swirl Crystal Effects over one of the sheets staying away from the side edges.

2. Choose 2 or 3 reinkers.  I chose Rich Razzleberry and Island Indigo because I want my design to coordinate with the Bohemian designer paper.  Drop 4-5 drops of each color on the window sheet.  You can drop it on the Crystal Effects if you wish.

3. Lay the second window sheet on top of the first and press and smoosh the reinkers until the sheet is covered with color.

4. Pull the sheets apart and let dry.  This part may take a while since the crystal effects takes some time to dry.

5. I added some Dazzling Diamonds glitter to help absorb some of the moisture from the reinker.

   What do you think?  Come back tomorrow to see another sample with a little twist.

No comments:

Post a Comment