Monday, August 22, 2016

Slider Card-Miscellaneous Monday



    This week I am featuring another fun action card called a slider card.  I used the set in the new catalog called Shooting Star.  It also has some thinlits that help create the slide areas, and several of the accent pieces.  In this card the plane image swirls and slides on the cut out groove.  

   Are you curious how I made the background.  I used watercolor paper, my aqua painter, and 3 colors of blue ink.

1. Open your ink pad a little and squeeze the top and bottom together.

2. Open the ink pad all the way and you  should see a puddle of ink on the lid.

3. Make sure the tip of your aqua painter is wet, then touch it to a tiny bit of the ink on the lid.  Spread it over the water color paper squeezing out a little water to make the ink spread if it looks too dark or thick when you first apply the ink.

I used, Soft Sky, which I put down first, then Marina Mist, then Island Indigo.  The combination turned out just the way I wanted it.

  I added some Gold Wink of Stella on top of the stars and to accent the plane.

   Come back tomorrow to learn the steps you need to take to make a slider card.  

No comments:

Post a Comment