Friday, December 22, 2017

Butterfly Friends-Calendar


 This was my favorite 3-D item I made for the stocking.  It folds together in an unusual way that makes it fun to open and tricky to make.  


1. Cut the card stock 10 1/4 by 2 1/2
2. Score at 2 3/4, 3, 6 1/2, 6 3/4.
3. Accent piece 2 1/4 by 3 1/4
3. Second accent piece 2 by 3"
4. Designer paper for front of calendar 1 1/3 by 2 3/4
Decorate the rest of the front as you desire according to whatever the occasion might be.
5. I decided to add additional designer paper on the inside, but it is not necessary

Do not attach all the layers to the calendar.
Attach the accent pieces together.
Place two dimensionals to the left side of the back of the accent piece.
Then attach this piece to the top of the calendar ( the longer flap)

Open the accent piece, place the second flap under this piece,and that will close your calendar. This sounds difficult, but once you actually make one you realize how easy it is to put together.

Imagine all these items inside the stockings surrounded by candy and some lip gloss.  It was a fun stocking to fill, and enjoyed by my team member who opened it.  

Next week I plan to share some cards I made with my favorite suite from the coming Occasion catalog.

No comments:

Post a Comment