Wednesday, February 11, 2015
Balloon Bash-Wednesday Wow
Have you ever learned how to do something and then since you don't do it again forgotten about how much fun it was? I feel that way about shaker cards. I made my first card several years ago where I have to carefully place dimensionals all around the edge of the open area. Inevitably I would leave a gap and all my glitter would fall out. Well, SU has a wonderful tool that I forget about that makes this so easy. The tool is called Shaker Frames. They come in 6 different circle sizes and are very easy to use.
1. First punch a circle the size you want your window to be.
2. Next place a piece of window sheet behind this circle that is bigger than your circle. This will keep your glitter inside the shaker card.
3. Attach your shaker frame on the back and against the window sheet.
4. Fill your frame with whatever you want to shake.
5. Attach the front of your card to the main card and once it is sealed you can shake to your hearts content and nothing will spill out.
Occasion catalog supplies used:
Birthday Bash designer paper
Balloon Bash stamp set
Other supplies used
Crushed Curry, Mossy Meadow, Night of Navy, and Calypso Coral ink pads
Bitty Banners framelit
Sketched Birthday stamp set
Confetti star border punch
Whisper White, Night of Navy, and Calypso Coral card stock