Thursday, February 5, 2015
Technique Week-Faux Rusted Metal
Doesn't the heart on this card look like it was made from rusted metal? Well, using card stock, embossing powder and ink you too can make a heart that looks like this.
1. Punch out 6 hearts from Basic Grey card stock and glue them one on top of the other.
2. Randomly dab some gold ink over the top heart and then place gold embossing powder over the heart.
3. Before heating the embossing powder, move it into little piles with your finger so there will be spots without gold powder on them. Heat the powder.
4. Rub some Soft Suede and Cajun Craze ink over the heart.
5. Next place some Pool Party embossing powder over the top of the heart. It will stick because the ink will remain moist while on top of the embossed areas. Once again move the powder into piles, then heat.
6. Finally, rub some more of the two inks on the top of the heart. You now have a Faux rusted metal heart for your card.
Thanks to a great tutorial by Allison Okamitsu I was able to make heart look like hers. You can too by watching this video.
Come back tomorrow to see some more samples on this technique.