Wednesday, February 4, 2015
Technique Week-Wednesday Wow
Do you like to learn new ways to do things? Or do you like to be reminded of old techniques you used to do? Press Club for January did just that. We revisited the Faux Metal technique.
1. Pick out a card stock base. I used Basic Grey.
2. Ink up a piece of the card stock that is bigger than the shape you want to use using Versa Mark.
3. Sprinkle with silver embossing powder and melt it. Repeat this process 2 more times waiting until the previous layer is dry before inking with Versa Mark.
4. As soon as the second layer is completed ink up you image with versa mark and have it ready to apply to the layers of embossing.
5. Stamp and press the image into the embossing on the third layer before it has a chance to dry. If you make a mistake then just heat up the layer, reink the stamp and try again.
Easy peasy and fun to do.