Friday, March 28, 2014

April Framed art



     When thinking about a possible framed picture for April of course the saying April showers bring May flowers came to my mind.  I like to think about what I am going to make for a while before I actually create the piece.  I had an image in my head and was thrilled when it actually looked like I imagined it would. 

1. I made a stencil for the clouds and sponged 3 different colors of ink around the cloud as I moved it all over the background paper.

2.  The thought bubble from the Word Bubbles framelit set made perfect clouds which I embossed with the Decorative Dots embossing folder that is one of the free items from the Sale a Bration brochure.

3. I found an umbrella in My Digital Studio and changed up the size to make 3 different sized umbrellas.  I made sure I had two of each size on my paper I printed at home.

4.  Using one umbrella of each size, I cut apart the sections of umbrella, attached it to my favorite designer paper, cut it out and glued it to the second umbrella.

5. Finally I punched out raindrops using the mini ornament stamp, rounded off the tops, and added a rhinestone to each drop.  I then colored the rhinestone with a blue marker to complete the look.



   Now, I am imagining what I would like the May framed art to look like........Hmm flowers maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment