Monday, March 24, 2014

Mixed Media designed by Amanda Fox and created by Sushi


   

     Have you ever heard of Mixed Media but were nervous about trying it yourself?  At one of our recent Stampin'Up! events Carrie Cudney demonstrated some really cute Halloween mixed media pictures.  I loved them but as I can be about new things, just was too nervous to try it myself.
    Saturday was the second Super Snails Snacking and Sharing event.  Each one of us was to bring a shoe box swap, and of course a potluck dish to share.  We had a great time visiting with each other and making each other's projects.  Amanda Fox is the newest Super Snail and her project was this mixed media wall plaque.  It was so much fun and not as hard as I imagined.

We each loved how our version of Amanda's project turned out.


1. First we prepared our burlap plaques, by rubbing different kinds of inks on it in no particular pattern.

2. Next we created our flower by attaching petals to one of the Jumbo sticky rounds.  Since the sticky rounds are super sticky, they attached to the burlap very well.

3. We cut a stem that was intended to be an irregular shape, and not perfectly straight and added it to our picture.

4. Finally we added details, like outlines, more accent colors, string, brads, and sayings to make the project our own. 

  Now that I have my first mixed media project under my belt, I am excited to try some  more. Thanks Amanda for a great make n take.  Would you like to attend our next event as the newest Super Snail?  Contact me before the end of March for a great added benefit while Sale A Bration is still going on.

2 comments:

  1. Like! What are the dimensions of the canvas?

    ReplyDelete
  2. 4 by 12 Amanda said they came in a two pack and I think she got them at Hobby Lobby, not sure, maybe Michaels

    ReplyDelete