Saturday, March 8, 2014

Hexagon Hive by Judy


   Judy is one of my regular stampers who never did any crafts until she started coming to my classes.  Now, she has grown into a wonderfully creative woman.  She crafts most evenings and shares her creations with me.  She loves the Hexagon Hive embosslit and made the above card. 

1. The hive was cut using brushed gold cardstock.

2. The holes were filled in with Presto Patterns cardstock.

3. The entire hive was backed with Champagne Glitter paper.

  I loved her combination of colors, something I never would have thought about.  But, she thought something was not quite right and went home and changed the card a little.


     If you look at the embossing folder carefully you can see the shape of a flower or two.  Judy added some of the gold foil sheet from the Occasion Catalog to accent the flower shapes.  This is what the card needed.  What would you add or change to this card to make it your own?


No comments:

Post a Comment