Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Scrapbook Week-Sponging the Sky technique

Don't you love using the Lovely as a Tree stamp set?  It is so versatile for so many seasons and reasons.  When I checked my set I saw that the stamp set has been around since 2001.  I wonder if this is the oldest set in the current catalog.

Sometimes you just need a simple border on your scrapbook layout.  The pictures that you place on the page will tell the rest of the story.

I call this technique Sponging the Sky and have used it for winter, fall, and Christmas.  The technique is very simple to complete.

1. Select the colors you want to use on your sky.

2. Dip your sponge into the ink pad starting with the lightest color first and sponge from edge to edge.  The color will not be solid and will sponge in some areas and not others.  That is what gives it the special look.

3. Continue in this manner with 3 or 4 different colors, each color a little darker than the one before.

So, what do you think?

Come back tomorrow to see how I took the 3-D tree kit from the Holiday catalog and turned it into a scrapbook page.

1 comment: