Thursday, January 12, 2017

Template Thursday-Fab Friday



  Where to go for my template for the week--Swaps, Pinterest, or a Challenge blog?  I decided to try the template seen above from the blog called Fab Friday.  Every couple of  Fridays they feature something as a kick off for you to create a card.  I like the idea of having something to help jump start my brain.

   So, I created 3 cards using this template.  
   4 layers of card stock
    1 saying



For this first card I centered the saying on a doily using the white side of the doily and the Sending Love designer paper. 

  For the next card, I turned the card 90 degrees and changed the card base to Real Red.  I added an envelope found in the Love Notes framelits. The little hearts were punched out from the Confetti Hearts Border punch.


 For my third card I decided to use the chalk board technique which I featured on Technique Tuesday.  I embossed the front of the card using the Happy Heart embossing folder from the annual catalog. Then added these cute kisses from the Sealed with Love stamp set as accent pieces.

Try to make some of your own cards using this template.  It was fun!

Come back tomorrow to see how I took a gift card and fixed it up into a full size card.

4 comments:

  1. Pretty cards! Love your layers and the red/white/black color combinations. Thanks for joining us at Fab Friday, hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty trio! I think I like the second one best - I'm such a sucker for these papers! Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your creative takes on the sketch are really pretty! I love how you took the sketch and made it your own. I love that little envied on the middle card, it's a lovely detail. Thanks for playing with us at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! You've beens busy! So glad our sketch had given you so much inspiration. You're well on your way to a nice stash of Valentines cards! I especially love the chalkboard technique with the kissy lips! Very fun and the sketch looks great flipped! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete