Friday, March 10, 2017

Beautiful You-Fix it Friday

  I love the color combinations of this card, Emerald Envy and Sweet Sugarplum.  These are two of the current in colors in the annual catalog.  I am glad they will be around for another year.  Each set of 5 in-colors are around for two years, and then the disappear. So, I plan to use the colors that will be disappearing in May quite a bit in the next couple of months.

What could I do to fix this card which to me looks great just the way it is?  I thought I could use everything the same, but change it from a card to something else.

First I used the Mini Treat bag to make what could be a gift card holder.

  What was the same?

I used the same figure
I used the same colors
I used the same Emerald Envy solid Baker's Twine.
I used the same designer paper called Festive Birthday.

What did I fix?

I changed the saying to Celebrate
I cut the image out in a diamond shape.
I used markers instead of a blender pen to add the color.

For my final project I used the Gift Bag punch board to make a bag instead of a card.

What did I keep the same?

I kept the same image
I kept the same colors.
I kept the same designer paper.

I colored the image using markers again.

What did I fix?

I added Tempting Turquoise card stock
I cut out the image
I changed the saying to Happy Birthday
I added Sweet Sugarplum ruched ribbon.

This has been a fun week.  I love this set and how versatile it can be.

Come back next week to see what I can do with the So in Love bundle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment