Thursday, March 2, 2017

Lift Me Up-Template Thursday



   Isn't this balloon thinlit striking when used all by itself?  Today I am going to show you how to keep the card pretty much same.  The only change I will make will be the saying and the background.

  For this card I chose to use the Carried Away designer paper free as a Sale a Bration item when your order totals $50. I thought the saying matched the background paper.

  For card number 2 I used progressively bigger strips of card stock as the background.  Once it was assembled, I placed the entire card from in the Softly Falling embossing folder.  For the saying I chose the birthday saying.  You can never have enough birthday cards...Right.

  This time I used a piece of water color paper and my aqua painter.  I painted Marina Mist and Night of Navy ink over the paper.  When it was dry I added some white clouds.  I like how they show through the balloon.  I cut up the saying so that it would fit in my empty space.

  The final card used an old technique I had forgotten about.  First I embossed the designer paper with the Woodland embossing folder.  Then I used some light sand paper and gently rubbed it over the designer paper.  Since the core of designer paper is white the white was displayed in the raised area of the image.

  I hope you can see how easy it is to get a different look from your cards but just changing one simple thing; the background of your card.

Come back tomorrow to see how to use all the elements in this stamp set in another simple way.


No comments:

Post a Comment