Thursday, March 23, 2017

So in Love-Template Thursday

So can you see what is new in this card?

This card uses the new Falling Petals embossing folder as its background.  Embossing folders make great backgrounds don't they.

Do you recognize the ribbon?  It is one of the free offers from the Sale a Bration catalog that ends on March 31.  I was not sure I would like the ribbon until I got my hands on it.  It is soft and has a subtle metallic look to it.



A second way to change the background of any card is to use designer paper.





This designer paper is called Falling in Love and goes well with the So in Love bundle.  The colors are soft and soothing.  This paper reminds me of the Bokeh technique.  I will have to feature that in a card soon.

Finally just using cardstock that contrasts colors is a quick and fast way like you see in this card.

I used Blushing Bride and Soft Suede cardstock as the background and Crumb Cake for the accent piece.  I was so glad to find my missing thinlit so that I could finish making this card.

Come back tomorrow to see what else I did with the thinlits I used on Tuesday's Technique card. I try to never waste anything when I am making cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment