Friday, June 30, 2017

Embossing Paste-Dragonfly Dreams bundle

  Can you see the stencil I used with the embossing paste on this card?  I thought it would be fun to try using the dragonflies.  Here are the steps I used to make my stencil.

1. Use a piece of window sheet.  It is stiff enough to make a stencil.

2. Cut out your desired stencil.  At first I looked at what was left over when I cut out the strips of dragonflies and it was too open for what I wanted to use.  Then, I looked at the strip and decided to try to put the paste over them.

3. I mixed the paste with the new Tranquil Tide in-color ink.  I knew when I applied the paste that it would go beyond the edges of the stencil, so I did it intentionally.  I moved the stencil to two different spots on the card stock.  Then I filled in open areas with splotches of the paste.  I loved the end results.  And what better saying to put on this card than one about friends.

I hope you have had fun looking at these cards and are kind of excited about trying out the paste on your own.  Don't work with a demonstrator already, then order from me from the link at the top of the page.

Next week, I will for sure show off the cards you will be able to make at my New Catalog Premier.  Have a great week, and have fun stamping.

No comments:

Post a Comment