Monday, February 12, 2018

Brusho Week Miscellaneous Monday-Brusho with Heartfelt Blooms


 Have you heard of Brusho?  If so, have you tried working with it yet?  I had a great time playing with and learning some different techniques to show it off.

I am going to try something new this week.  If you leave a comment on my blog, I will contact you and send you one of the cards of the week. I love getting feedback from all of you and thought this might be a fun idea to encourage feedback.


  Today's technique has just a couple of steps to create the great background on this card.


1.  Use Watercolor paper and coat the paper with water using an aqua  painter or a paint brush .

2, Sprinkle the Brusho on the wet paper and watch it spread.  Stampin'Up! has just 5 colors of Brusho and I used Gamboge, an orange color, and yellow for the back ground.

3. If you need to you can add more water to help the color spread even more.

4. Let the card stock dry by setting it aside for a while, or by using a heat tool to spread up the process.

5. I finished the card by stamping the Beautiful Day stamp on an extra piece of paper and coloring some areas with the water color pencils.

 I loved watching the powder spread as it hit the water. Kind of like watching fireworks as they spread across the sky.

CAUTION If you look at the container it looks like you should be able to just open the lid to get at the powder.  If you do this then you will have powder every where. Instead, poke 2-3 holes in the lid and just tap the powder onto your project.  I stick a small piece of painter's tape on the top to cover the holes to keep more powder from escaping.

Do you want to try and duplicate this card for yourself?  Then click on the links below and you will be directed to my store.

Tomorrow, I will share a second technique in using Brusho.  This will be the reverse of how I made today's card.  Come back and see what that looks like.

Don't forget to leave me a comment.



Product List

1 comment: