Tuesday, February 25, 2014

A Whale of a Good Birthday


     Would you love to get a handmade card from someone you care about?  I love making cards for family, stamping friends, and quilt guild members.  I am constantly trying to be a bit more organized about things. My plan for getting birthday cards ready ahead of time is really working.  At the end of each month I prepare the cards for two months ahead.  so, last week I got all my April cards ready to mail.  Instead of putting the stamp on ahead of time, I write the date I want to mail the card in that corner.  It really helps me keep up. I needed a special card for my brother-in-law Pat.  Recently he and my sister took a birding trip to California and Barb told me they had been on a whale watch.  So I decided this card would be perfect for Pat's birthday.

1. I used the whale from the set called Hello Sailor we received at the Manager's reception at the Leadership conference.

2. I wanted something that made me think of waves and the ocean so used two of the stamps from the set called Clockworks.  One of the stamps had swirls and birds flying in the air.

   I liked the end result and hope that Pat does too.

No comments:

Post a Comment