Monday, February 10, 2014

Celebrate with a Banner


     What would you celebrate with this banner?  I decided to make up the banner kit that is pictured in the Occasions Catalog  to celebrate our new catalog and my Open House.  I was not exactly sure what I wanted to do with the banner since making a banner is out of my comfort zone. So, I went to my friend Lana's blog because I knew she had made one and I wanted to see what she had done.  Check hers out here. I did not want to copy Lana's directly so I made some changes.  That is what CASing is all about right!

1. I wanted to use the word Celebrate instead of create for my Open House.

2. I liked Lana's idea of putting something behind each letter so I made a circle with the Circle's framelit behind each letter instead of the scalloped circle die she used.



3. I also liked the idea of stamping on each letter to make the colors blend into the banner.  I used the colors from the DSP that came with the kit and the stamp set Gorgeous Grunge for the stamping.


4. The great thing about this kit is that there are 15 banners included.  Well, I only needed 9 to make the word Celebrate and had 6 leftover.  So, I decided to make a banner with the word Create that I can keep up all the time in my stamping studio.  For these letters I did not have enough of the DSP to make another circle so I used the Banners Framelit set to cut out banners to place behind each letter.  And the letters, well check out the word Create and the word Celebrate and they have the same letters in each word.  So, I just traced around the letters I needed and cut them out of Whisper White cardstock.

 
 
 
     I still have not used up all the supplies from the banner kit and  accessory kit.  I think I see some cards and matching gift bags in a future posting.


No comments:

Post a Comment