Tuesday, February 4, 2014

March framed art-Not a Leprechaun



     What do you think of when you think of March?  Usually, people think of St. Patrick's Day and I have done layouts for my scrapbooking using leprechauns and the work lucky for years.  This time I wanted to do something different. An idea was in the back of my mind, but I was not sure how to get it to reality.

1. I knew I wanted to use some kind of a poem or saying about March so I googled the words March sayings and found one I liked.

2. Next, I knew I wanted wind symbolized some how so once again I googled Wind Art.  I saw the swirls I had imagined  and first tried to cut them free hand.  Big mistake.  The swirls I saw in my head did not appear on paper.

3. Finally, I went to my old reliable stamp set Everything Eleanor because I knew the swirls in the stamp set would be perfect for the wind I wanted to use. If you remember I used the swirls for tree limbs on the December framed art.

4, The lion from the stamp set Zoo Review helped me put the finishing touches on the March frame.

   Here's what I learned.  You CAN take something you imagine and make it happen.  And there is a stamp set out there that will help you, it just takes a little bit of imagination to make it happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment