Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Stampin' Blends techniques-Beautiful Day


Aren't the colors on this flower stunning.  Can you believe it is the same flower that I used as a sample yesterday.  To create this flower you will need to use 3 colors.  3 you might wonder, how can that be since there are only 2 colors in each collection.

1. First use one of the Night of Navy blends and color in the section of the petal closest to the next petal.  Just color in a small area maybe about 1/4 of an inch.

2. Now take the darker color of the Razzleberry blends.  Color over the navy color and extend the Razzleberry color a 1/4 inch further.

3. Finally, take the lighter Razzleberry blend and color the entire petal.  Remember to just do 3 or 4 petals at a time.


Here is a closeup of the flower.  I hope you can see the gradation of the colors.


I was so surprised to find that the navy color was under all of the Razzleberry ink. I have since tried to use my imagination to increase the shading and use an alternate color.  Have fun playing and using your imagination when using the Stampin Blends.  Don't have any yet?  I will be glad to help.  Just go to the shop link at the top of my blog and check them out.

Tomorrow I will show what the blends look like when used on card stock that is not white.

No comments:

Post a Comment