Friday, January 26, 2018

Stampin' Blends techniques-Color Me Happy Project Kit


Don't you think this card is cute?  It is one of the 4 designs that are a part of the Color Me Happy Project Kit.  Several parts of the card and envelope are already created for you.

1. The envelope is all completely put together for you.  I love the extra gold trim along the edges.  And the inside of the envelope is cute also.  

2. The card base is all the Razzleberry color and has the arrow design on it.  No stamping required there.

3. You stamp and color the flower images on an extra piece of white card stock that is added to the card base.  Can you tell what technique I used to color the flowers? (I colored the light color first, and added the dark color second.)   There are 4 cards just like this one in the kit.  4 designs, 4 cards each design, 16 cards in the kit.



When you add the sequins you have a really cute card that did not take very long to make.

Here's how I store my blends.
Stampin'Up! recommends you store the blends flat so the colors stay even in the marker. I did not have any containers that would fit in my cabinets and do the job.  So, I made one.


First I used Tear and Tape Adhesive to attach 5 Acetate boxes together.

Next, I added my markers.  I am a ROYGBIV girl so they were added in rainbow color order with the light marker coming first.

Finally, I knew the blends would slip out of my container so I made a cover out of designer paper.  I chose one of the thicker papers and glued 2 strips together.  They are attached on the top with a magnet and keep my blends safely inside are are cute as well.  I usually copy other people's ideas so it was really fun for me to create my own.

Next week I will feature one of the sets I received free at the November OnStage. Come back and visit to get some more card ideas.  If you like what you see, then like my page.  If you want some blends for your collection then contact me and I will help.


No comments:

Post a Comment