Thursday, June 21, 2018

Call Me Clover-In color week


 I am thinking this bright green will be great on Christmas cards.  One of the things I enjoy doing is using stamps to create a background on a card.  

I featured the Rooted in Nature stamp set for this card.  I was glad to see Lovely as a Tree still in our catalog.  Since I have been with Stampin'Up! for 15 years, I was around when it first came out.  Back then the only choice was wood mount stamps and we had to cut out our stamps before we could mount them.  Because of that I can see what year Lovely as a Tree came out.  Do you want to guess? 2001.  At that time the stickers you placed on the stamps let you know what year they came out.

When I saw Rooted in Nature I fell in love because to me the stamps look almost like photos and have more options that Lovely as a Tree does not have. And there are several framelits that will cut out the stamped images.  So, I see a place for both in my stamping.




I used 2 other new items on this card.
  -Detailed trio punch for the bottom corners of the card
  -Polka Dot tulle ribbon. This can be colored with markers, reinkers, blends but I decided to leave mine white as a contrast to the Clover.

Tomorrow I will feature the last in-color for the next two years, Blueberry Bushel.




Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment