Sunday, December 16, 2012

Stampin at Knollwood



     Once a month I go to a local Assisted Living Facility and make cards with a wonderful group of ladies.  Most of the ladies who come are in their 80's and it feels like I am once again with my mom when I go.  I have learned a few things about working with Seniors from the four years I have been going to Knollwood.
    1.  Simple is best.
    2.  It is hard for most of the ladies to use the punches, so I prepunch everything that I can ahead of time.
    3. When stamping a saying, stamp on something that can be attached onto the ,in case something ends up being crooked, it can be re stamped.
    4.  They love to place a stamped by you stamp on the back of the card.
    5.  They will love whatever I bring for them to make.
    6.  It can change my attitude in a positive manner for the rest of the day.

     I prepunched the ornament on the front of the card holding both the accent sheet and the card front together as I punched.  The ladies stamped the inside ornament and I punched it out for them.  The inside ornament was glued into the punched out hole on the front and therefore perfectly placed. A simple but cute card.
Supplies needed:
Cherry Cobbler, Whisper White card stock
Old Olive ink
Ornament punch
Candlelight Christmas designer paper (Holiday catalog)
Rhinestones
Cherry Cobbler seam binding

No comments:

Post a Comment