Once a month I go to a local Assisted Living Facility and make cards with a wonderful group of ladies. Most of the ladies who come are in their 80's and it feels like I am once again with my mom when I go. I have learned a few things about working with Seniors from the four years I have been going to Knollwood.
1. Simple is best.
2. It is hard for most of the ladies to use the punches, so I prepunch everything that I can ahead of time.
3. When stamping a saying, stamp on something that can be attached onto the ,in case something ends up being crooked, it can be re stamped.
4. They love to place a stamped by you stamp on the back of the card.
5. They will love whatever I bring for them to make.
6. It can change my attitude in a positive manner for the rest of the day.
I prepunched the ornament on the front of the card holding both the accent sheet and the card front together as I punched. The ladies stamped the inside ornament and I punched it out for them. The inside ornament was glued into the punched out hole on the front and therefore perfectly placed. A simple but cute card.
Cherry Cobbler, Whisper White card stock
Old Olive ink
Candlelight Christmas designer paper (Holiday catalog)
Cherry Cobbler seam binding