Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Snowman Candle

 
     I can't remember where I saw this sample candle.  I just knew that I liked it a lot and wanted to make one myself.  I had quite a journey to find the battery operated candle.  Nothing to be found in Jacksonville, so off I went to Springfield.  Nothing at Michael's so off I went to Hobby Lobby.  Success.  When the battery is turned on then the nose lights up like a candle flame.  I plan on having these on a tiny tree at Christmas as ornaments. They would also make really cute place cards for a special meal. The grandkids are coming and I know they will love having one of their own.  Where did I find black pearls you might ask yourself?  Easy peasy.  I used a black Sharpie to color the pearls.  You have to use a Sharpie, otherwise the ink rolls right off the pearl.  Who would you make some of these for?
Supplies needed;
Snow Festival Designer series paper
Cherry Cobbler, Gumball Green cardstock
Pearls
Sweater trim
Extra large, Large Oval, and 1/2 inch oval punches

No comments:

Post a Comment