Friday, February 8, 2013

Best of Birthdays card sample



     Wouldn't you love to get a card like this for your birthday? I know I would. I made this card using one of the stamps from the Best of Birthdays stamp set. Check out the link for another card made using this same stamp set.
     I send out a lot of birthday cards each month, but since I am a great procrastinator I often am a little late in getting the cards into the mail. So, this year I have a new schedule for myself. At the end of December I wrote out envelopes and selected cards for all the birthdays in January and February.  In place of a stamp I put the date I need to send the card in the top right hand corner.  I try to check the stack of cards each day and send them out on time.  So far so good.  Do you want to know my plan and how it seems to be working out  so well?

1. Now at the end of each month I get the cards ready for two months ahead.  Example:  Since I had all the February cards ready, at the end of January I addressed and selected all the March cards.

2. I noticed I did not have very many cards appropriate for little girls and needed two of them for March.

3. I now have time to make several little girl cards and not be scrambling around at the last minute.

4. At the end of February I plan to get the April cards ready to go.

How long do you think I can keep this up?

Supplies needed

Early Espresso, Island Indigo, Very Vanilla card stock
Best of Birthdays stamp set
Scallop circle punches 
Stampin write markers
Tea for Two designer paper

No comments:

Post a Comment