Monday, February 4, 2013

How to change a card to make it simpler.



     Linda and I got together to do some stamping on Saturday and I decided to recreate a card that was featured in Stampin Success, a magazine that we as demonstrators get every two months.  It had a lot of steps, some embossing and was fun to make.  However, when I thought about using this card in a class, it seemed too complicated so I decided to make a simpler version using the same ideas.


     Can you see the changes I made?
1.  It was hard to get the Vine Street embossing folder to line up straight to emboss just one strip of the vine, so I embossed the entire card.

2.  For a group of people to use the stamp a majig to place the stamp in a line 8 times it would take too long, so,I found that the Sycamore Designer paper had a similar design which I cut to size.

3. Instead of stamping and embossing a design on the colored card stock before punching it out, I just punched out plain card stock using the a punch from the Itty Bitty Punch pack.

The  card has the same design feel with the simple changes I made, but will help all of my customers have a successful experience. Which card do you like best?
     A matching envelope makes for a great looking project.

Does this card look a bit familiar to you?  Well, I used the basic design to create one of my Leadership swaps.  See if you can see the similarities.
 

2 comments:

  1. I really like yours better- think it has more "pop." You're a creative thinker!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I really appreciate all the comments you are making. How do you like the changes I made to the blog?

    ReplyDelete