Sunday, February 10, 2013

Color Makes a Difference

  
    
    Don't you just love the cute little presents in the Best of Birthdays stamp set?  I thought it might be cute to have the stamp in different colors on a card.  So, I grabbed a leftover piece of Pink Pirouette card stock that was the right size and started designing the card (Yes, another Sushi Original).  Something did not look right to me when I finished and my consultant (husband Sam) agreed.  I decided to let it be for the rest of the day and see what I thought the next day.

    
     I decided that the card needed a darker background for the following reasons.

1.  The designer paper and the presents seemed to show up better with the darker background.

2.  The Happy Birthday was too much of a contrast in the first card, but with the darker background seemed to blend.

3.  Did you notice I switched the presents so the the color matched the color of the Designer paper.  That decision was made with some help from  my friend and fellow demonstrator, Julie.  Check out her awesome blog.

     So, do you think I made a good choice by switching the background color?  Sometimes a simple thing like changing a color in one part of your card can be all it needs to make it look better.  Try this on a card of your own you might not be crazy about and see what happens.
 
Supplies needed 
Very Vanilla, Early Espresso card stock
Tea for Two Designer paper
Pink Pirouette, Lucky Limeade, Island Indigo, So Saffron, Calypso Coral, Early Espresso ink
Best of Birthday stamp set
Decorative Label, Extra Large Oval, 1 inch square punches 
1/4 inch stitched grosgrain ribbon 

No comments:

Post a Comment