Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Wednesday Wow- Downline Magazine challenge



     Last night was the November meeting of the Super Snails, my downline group.  A couple of us presented the results of last months challenge.  Each person was supposed to find magazine picture they liked and use it as inspiration for a card.  Dana chose this picture of a Martha Stewart pumpkin and created this card from the picture.


     I love how she captured the delicate design of the pumpkin into her card using the Delicate Doilies stamp set.  She also told us how to make card stock strips look like ribbon.

   Tanya, who is new to our group, had a wonderful picture photo on her phone and a great representation of that picture in person, but my photos did not turn out for either one.  So, look for her pictures in a later blog posting.


     I chose this picture for the colors, and the lines and circles.  Not sure I am happy with my results.  The card may end up on my Fix it Friday post.

 
 
     I got the effect I wanted with the colors.  I tried to show the lines with the banners, and the texture I put on each banner, and the honeycomb design on the background.  I placed candy dots on the edges of the saying to show the circles in the picture.  I think this needs something else.  Any ideas out there?
   





No comments:

Post a Comment