Thursday, June 5, 2014

Brayer a Flower



     Do you ever look at your catalog as a source of inspiration?  When I was finding ideas for my May Flower class I did just that.  On page 25 of the catalog that just retired, I found this flower.  It used the brayer which for some reason I tended to avoid using.  No longer after finding out how easy it was to make this flower.

1. I punched out 6 flowers all at once using the blossom punch and crepe filter paper.  Then punched out two flowers using the now retired blossom party big shot die.  Any flower punch or die would work

2. Using a brayer, I inked up Tangerine Tango and brayed over the largest flowers one at a time until I got them the color I wanted.  Then, inked up the brayer with Daffodil Delight and repeated the brayering on the smaller flowers.

2.  The rest was easy.  I layered the flowers staggering them a little , stapled the middle, and scrunched them up around the staples. 

3. Using hot glue, I attached a florist stem on the back of the flower, and then finally added a green circle over the stem to give the back a finished look.

  If you would like to make a similar flower there is a really great video you can watch to give you some visual instructions.  Check it out here.

   I think this would be a great addition to the top of a package.  When would you use this flower/

No comments:

Post a Comment