Friday, June 20, 2014

Fix it Friday-Bow Ties for Knollwood

My original card for Fill Your Card Box with Male birthday cards



This is how I changed the original card to take to Knollwood to use with my Senior friends.  Can you see the changes I made and guess why I made them.
 
1. The paper has been changed.  I did that because no one at Knollwood can afford to place an order so it is a good place to use up retired paper.
 
2. There are no buttons, just small circles in the center of each bow tie.  The ladies do not like cards where they have to pay extra money for bulk so I try to avoid whenever I can.
 
3. There is no embossing on the background paper.  The ladies can use the embossing machine, but it is hard to monitor and since I do this by myself I did not want to bring the machine.  I decided against pre-embossing the background paper.  The designs were busy enough and the card looked fine with the added embossing.
 
The ladies loved the card and had fun choosing which side of the DSP they wanted to use.  You should consider taking cards to a Senior Center for the individuals who live there to make.  I find this a very rewarding day.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment