Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Fringe Scissor Flower box

    

     Have you ever looked at a picture and tried duplicate it for yourself?  When I was looking at the new catalog (for maybe the 15th time) I noticed a really cute flower on the back cover.  I thought it looked easy enough to duplicate and would be a cute item for my May Flower class.  Here is what I did......

1. Cut a 1 1/2 inch piece of Daffodil Delight card stock about 5 inches long.  I made a pencil mark at the 3/4 inch mark.  This would be my cutting line with the fringe scissors.

2. Make the fringe trying very hard to stop at the penciled in line.  Once that was completed, I trimmed the paper to about 1 inch.

3. Punch and crush 5 2 3/8 inch scalloped circle punches made from Crisp Cantaloupe card stock.

4. Layer the scalloped circles using glue dots in the center.

5. Roll the fringed paper into a tight circle and attach to the center of the scalloped circles with some hot glue.

   Now, you have a cute flower that can decorate any kind of a project.  Who would you give this cute box to/

No comments:

Post a Comment