Friday, June 6, 2014

Stamping at Knollwood Retirement Village



    This is the original card I designed for my Fill Your card box class.  I realized it would be too hard for the ladies I make cards with at Knollwood.  Most of the ladies are in their 80's and have a hard time squeezing our punches.


     This is the card we made at Knollwood with some changes I made to accommodate the needs of the ladies that attend.

1. I changed the stamping to pre-punched butterflies.  The stamping would have taken too long and I would have done all the punching.

2. The background was not embossed.  With the designer paper I used the card was busy enough and did not need the texture to make it look good.

3. The saying is added on as a separate part of the card to allow for smudging, or double images.  The main card is not ruined and it still looks good.

   I prepared most of the items ahead of time and placed them all in the card envelope.  The ladies still had a chance to stamp, and could arrange the items any way they wished.  Using designer paper makes it easy to have choice in whichever design they want to use. Everyone enjoyed the cards they made and were proud of what they created.

No comments:

Post a Comment