Monday, July 17, 2017

Scrapbook Week-From a Paper Pumpkin kit

  Once a month I have a scrapbook class I call Scrapbook Your Life.  Each scrapbooker makes 2 two-page spreads. If they bring their pages back the next month with pictures on them, I give them a little something extra.

The layout was inspired by the May Paper Pumpkin Kit.  I traced the donut shape on the card and made stencils for the stampers to trace around.

Here's how I made the chocolate donut.

1. Trace around the stencil onto Early Espresso card stock.
2. Press a VersaMark pad all over the card stock.
3. Emboss with clear embossing powder to give the donut a shiny look.
 I called this my chocolate glazed donut.

I used the now retired sprinkles punch to make the swirls on the confetti donut.

The white frosting on the lower donut was made similar to the chocolate donut except I used white embossing powder on the VersaMark.  

This layout just happened to be created right before National Donut Day.  What a coincidence.

Scrapbooking is a great way to use up small pieces of designer paper.  The next two layouts I will show tomorrow did just that.

No comments:

Post a Comment