Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Lots of Lavender-Sale a Bration week





  Lots of Lavender appealed to me right away when I first looked at the Sale a Bration catalog.  But I really have only used it a couple of times.  So many stamps, so little time..... you know how that feels I am sure.  So, I had a lot of fun creating the samples for today.  I made sure to use all the different stamps in the set.  Once I did that I found the set to be quite amazing.

I love to make cards using just one color.  I found a similar sample on Pinterest and decided to try to duplicate it.  

Do you notice the green leaves?  When I first saw the card I thought I would use my Blends to color in the leaves.  Not necessary because there are two stamps in the set to help you fill in the leaves easily.  One stamp is for the leaves on the left side, one for the leaves on the right.

The saying is from a hostess set from the Occasions catalog called Yay You.


Next card is a rerun of a card I featured on my blog for Blends week.  Same stamp but colored with blends.  Such a different look.


If you follow my blog you might recognize this card from Brusho week.  That's what I used on the background, and then colored the stamp in with Blends again.



 Did you know that this cute little garland is part of the Lots of Lavender stamp set?  There are 4 additional stamps that help fill in the large flower, 2 for the leaves since they are directional and one for the two little buds.  

1. When you stamp a stamp that has multiple layers like this one.  First, stamp the darkest layer.

2. Then you can look through the photopolymer stamp to see where to place the next stamp in a lighter color.

Both of the tiny buds are on the same stamp and placed apart so they match up exactly with the larger stamped garland.



This last card was so pretty, I copied it exactly just changed up some of the colors and the saying. I watched a well done video by Nigezza.  Her blog is www.nigezza.blogspot.com.

The open lacy accent piece and the leaves in the background are from the Petal Palette bundle.

Tomorrow, I will share some cards made with the Springtime Foils specialty paper.  It was a part of the second set of Sale a Bration items. Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment