Friday, March 8, 2013
Faux Bleach How To
Do you love the look of a card that has been bleached but hate the mess? This card was made using the Faux Bleach technique. It is so easy but looks so very hard.
1. Choose a solid image stamp; stamp the image on a light colored card stock with Versamark; emboss with white embossing powder.
2. Mix up some reinkers and water in a spritzer. I chose Gumball Green and Midnight Muse. The colors need to be darker shades, lighter ones do not show up very well.
3. Spray your reinkers on the embossed image till you get the look you like.
4. Lay your cardstock while still wet on several layers of paper towel. Place a piece of white computer print paper ontop of the embossed image.
5. Using the highest non-steam temperature of your iron press on the computer print paper until you see some ink coming through the paper.
6. Peel off the computer paper. The embossed powder should transfer into the computer paper and leave the look of a bleached image. I had to press my iron on the embossed image a few times to get all of the embossing powder off the main card image.
I love this technique and plan to use it on some more cards in the